Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 39

The doctor’s appointment went well and he said that the baby’s head was low and she was engaged for her birth day!
This week was probably the worst for me.  I fell sick, and felt like the flu had taken over, really was the last thing I needed but what can you do.  The weird thing about me getting sick this time was that I was achy all over BUT the achiness and a few other cold symptoms would only show up late at night.  The doctor said that it was ok for me to take Tylenol cold to help with the symptoms.  One thing he didn’t tell me was that it could be a sign of early labour!!!!
This is the reason I love the Internet and search engines like Google! So I Google’d being sick in my last week and sure enough I found that it very well could be a sign of early labour.  A lot of women got “sick” a week before their baby was born and ALL the symptoms disappeared right after birth but I still treated it like a cold just in case. 
One week later, I went shopping with my hubby to one of the local malls and felt a drop! The baby shifted again and the even more pressure was torture.  We left the mall around seven (7) P.M. and while in the car I had the feeling of a bad menstrual cramp.  A part of me knew I was starting to go into labour but I think I was in denial.  The next one started an hour later, and it was more intense now and right after the pain stopped my body was shivering uncontrollably.  This was it, the time all pregnant women look forward to – the end was near!  I took a nice hot shower and just rested until my contractions got close enough apart to start making my way to the hospital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment