Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The final Trimester… finally!

By week 32 I had gained so far a total of 23 lbs but it felt like closer to 50… walking was getting hard; was slowing down and waddling was more apparent.  But the baby and I were doing great, she was active with a strong heartbeat. 
My second ultrasound was scheduled for week 32, was excited to see my little munchie again.  When the time came for me to see her on the monitor, the technician was pointing things out, she showed me the baby’s head and said “wow, this one has a FULL head of hair!” maybe what was causing all my heartburn according to the pregnancy myths.  The technician tried to show me her face but like my first ultrasound she was being shy, instead of not wanting to turn around to show herself off she was covering her face with her hands. 
The third trimester, for me, was a full filling one.  My nesting had started, all I wanted to do was cook or bake and get a move on with the baby’s room, also had the urge to constantly organize the baby’s things.  The cooking and baking wasn’t the usually “ok time to cook or bake something” it was like an urge to get it down.  Would bake later in the evening instead of early in the day, and would sometimes get those urges to cook or bake around one (1) A.M.  The urge to cook or bake wasn’t even because I was hungry! Its a phenomenon that woman go through in preparation for the baby and it will affect everyone differently.  My cousin was doing cook ahead meals that she could freeze or would have the urge to clean the cupboards from top to bottom!
My nesting period even consisted of me getting my hubby to help me finish setting up the baby’s room with the furniture.  I also did home art for her room to add a homemade touch to her nursery, would stay up late trying to get them down and would have to force myself to take breaks or quit for the night to rest. 
Shopping trips were cut short because I would tire out so easily and my back would be aching.  Getting comfortable, especially in my last month, seemed to be near impossible a lot of times but had to make due with what I could.  Was so thankful to have such a wonderful husband around to give me a back rub and put up with my constant movements at night to get comfortable.  Don’t know what I would’ve done without his support and help, I am forever grateful to him.
The time came for the baby to make a drop… WOW!!!! the change in pressure on my pelvis and especially my bladder was indescribable.  Constant runs to the bathroom, which irritated me the most at night, would wake me up 2 – 4 times some nights and was painful to get up from bed.  Sometimes had to walk hunched over to take off a little bit of that pressure.  I think the only good thing in my mind was that I would deal with the pressure because it meant that babes was on her way.  The first drop I noticed happened around the last month, so one (1) month of “suffering” was happy I was just able to deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment