Thursday, January 28, 2010

More to come

The start to motherhood…
I spent 2 full days in the hospital trying to focus on recovering, feeding and caring for my baby, and taking everything in.  I couldn’t get over how amazed I was by her, I barely slept while I was in the hospital because all I wanted to do was look at my baby.  The thoughts running through my mind were everywhere and there is no way that I will be able to recall any of it, but one thing for sure I will never forget the feeling of meeting my daughter for the first time and taking in that feeling of “wow I just became a mother”.  Those are all feelings that a mother will never forget.
I think about my parents now becoming grandparents for the first time.  I can’t even begin to imagine the feelings they felt! One thing that always crosses my mind and I’m sure will one day for me when I become a grandparent for the first time… “My baby is having a baby” what an incredible feeling to know that your baby is all grown up and is starting a family of their own.  But of course that will be a ways done the road, and according to her daddy it apparently never will haha! Focus on the beginnings of the joys of motherhood!
More to come soon as parenthood has just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment