Sunday, June 13, 2010

Walking and the Weather

The easiest way for me to get in some exercise outside of my home right now is going out for walks.  Walking is a great way to get some exercise and fresh air for both me and my daughter.  Unfortunately, the weather can be predictable some days or just not great walking weather, either too hot or raining. 

Jeep Deluxe Stroller Weather ShieldFor days that were lightly raining I wanted to get outside with the baby, enjoy the rain and the fresh scent that the rain brings with it.  Baby’s are not a fan of rain they like to be comfortable.  Best way to keep dry is an umbrella for us but not so great for a baby in a stroller.  I found this wonderful weather shield for these wet days.  There’s a flap on each side that can be opened up to allow for better circulation or can be left shut for if you are outside and it really starts to come down.  Either way allows for baby to remain dry, I love it because than I can continue to get outside for a little exercise; with the exception of thunderstorms and its just best that everyone stays inside.  This weather shield is also great for cold and, or windy days.  The instructions say that it can be used for sunny days but I’m concerned about how hot it would get under there.

Solarsafe Stroller , Playard & Pack 'n Play Net - 85% UV protectionSunny days are definitely the best days to get outside for a walk with the baby.  BUT with good weather comes bugs and a higher concentration of UV Rays.  I found another type of weather shield but is more like a mesh screening.  It helps keeps bugs away from your darling daughter or son and helps to protect against the suns UV rays.  I don't know how much I trust the UV protection but I also carry some sunscreen with me if we plan on being outside for longer periods.  I like this item its great for all of the above, although it doesn’t provide shade to help keep the little one a bit cooler but that seems to be hard to do on days where its above 30 Celsius (or 90 Fahrenheit).


Both of these weather shields I really like and I keep them in a bag at the bottom of the stroller for easy access.  Also a great way to always make sure they’re with you when you really need them. 

Is there anything you use for your walks with your little one(s) that you find helpful?

No comments:

Post a Comment