Friday, June 4, 2010

Dinner Tonight

My girl, like most children, is a little picky at times with her food.  I did find that she only seems to like to eat one type of food for only a one to no more than 2 meals, than its time for something new.  Until I made my little one this Pumpkin Soup Recipe that I found in “Cooking for Baby”. 

I do enjoy cooking and frequently find new, different and amazing recipes to try but I rarely stick to the actual recipe.  Making my own changes I found that the recipe than kind of becomes my own.  Here’s the recipe that I made, my daughter enjoyed it so much that I wanted to share it!

Pumpkin soup
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
  • 1/4 of an Onion, finely diced
  • 1 grated Carrot
  • 1 finely chopped Celery
  • 1 Clove of Garlic
  • 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
  • 2 Tbsp Apple Puree or Applesauce
  • 1/8 tsp Allspice
  • 1/8 tsp dried Thyme
  • 2 Cups low-sodium Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth works well too)
  • 1/4 Cup Red Lentils (or small pasta like alphabets or stars)
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.  Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic.  Cook until onions start looking transparent, about two (2) minutes. 

Add pumpkin puree, apple puree, allspice and thyme.  Once warmed thru add your broth of choice and the red lentils.  Once soup is boiling bring down to a simmer.  Cook until lentils are soft. 


Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed ChromePuree soup with a hand blender until you reach your desired consistency or one that your baby can handle. 
Store away remaining soup into your refrigerator for up to 3 days, this soup can also be frozen. 

This is a great recipe and one that even the rest of the family enjoyed as well.  I was also finding it hard to feed my daughter her infant cereals but now I’ve been able to mix a little of the rice or barley cereal in with the soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment