Thursday, May 6, 2010

Six Month Check up

Amazing how these past six (6) months have flown by so quickly, it still seems like yesterday we just brought her home from the hospital! 

Well the doctors appointment was the same old thing, weigh in, measure height and the usual check up.  I must say that I love my daughters doctor, he’s talks “do what you think is best for your baby and don’t listen to what people TELL you you should be doing… you know your baby best and she WILL tell you what she wants and when she wants it” kind of talk.  Very laid back and seems to work with my parenting and my hubby’s, although my hubby hates how laid back I tend to be at times. 

With that being said, her doctor said what your having for dinner blend it up and give it to your daughter for dinner.  Really, in my opinion it just makes sense!  She’s been introduced to all single foods already with no reaction other than not liking it or loving it, typical baby reactions.  So far she’s loving most of our dinners, the ones she doesn’t like I don’t blame her they taste awful blended.  As I’ve mentioned in a previous post I am making my own baby food but… I did purchase some jarred baby food.  I did this to see if my daughter would eat them for those just in case times, of course that’d be rare to happen but you just never know.  She loves the fruit but hates everything else.  The mixed foods are so bland, they just taste awful so I can’t imagine how my daughter feels about them.  A big part of me is happy that she doesn’t like them but a small part of me thinks well what happens for those just in case moments.  Well, now with the information from the doctor she can just eat what we’re having… sigh of relief (also has helped to ease up on the food preparations for the baby food).

One big thing that the doctor mentioned, lower the crib to the lowest setting.  Definitely makes sense, babies are getting to those milestones where you just don’t know what they’ll do next.  A few days before her appointment she did try to pull herself up in her crib and was almost successful, that was my cue to lower it.  I think this is very important as babies are starting to become very unpredictable.  The doctor said it best, “your baby’s biggest danger to her is herself…” and it makes a lot of sense!

I’m looking forward to the many milestones ahead, and am grateful for such a great Paediatrician.  Hope your doctor gave you some good information that is helpful to you as mine did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment