Sunday, May 9, 2010

Diaper Bag Essentials

Have you ever packed your babies diaper bag and left the house than realized there’s something else you should have packed?  Over time I’ve realized that there are certain things that become essential to have with you while away from home.  Yes, I figured this out by trail and error!
So other than the obvious diapers and feed here’s a list of the little extra’s that I found to come in handy:
  • Feed – So besides formula or breast milk some little ones need an extra snack, I started doing this now that my daughter is eating solids and loves Cheerio’s so I pack a small handful of them. 
  • Soother – my daughter no longer likes them, so no need for them but when I did I used a small container to keep it free from most germs also helped to keep it handy when she was still using them.
  • Paper Towel – My daughter is now able to sit in the shopping carts AND weather can sometimes be unpredictable (and sometimes predictable).  Wet weather, rain or snow, means wet shopping carts, so I started packing a few paper towel sheets so give my little one a dry seat to sit on.
  • Blanket/Receiving Blanket – I always pack an extra one in case it gets a little cold as well as now to add a little padding to the shopping cart seat.
  • Chew Toy – My daughter started teething around three (3) or so months and now she chews on everything, also she’s at the stage where she puts just about everything in her mouth. I throw in a chew toy like Plastic Links I found they have helped to keep her mouth off of the shopping carts also helps to keep her a bit more occupied while we try to get the errands completed. 
  • Sleeper – I pack an extra sleeper for the just in case, diapers do leak and I’ve got a few at home and thankfully it hasn’t happened while we’ve been out.  But you never know…

What else do you pack in your diaper bag as one of your essentials?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't packed a diaper bag in awhile. I got to baby 4 and didn't even use one. I got on such a schedule I knew when to dodge out of the house w/o one. LOL. Baby 1 I put everything in it. Baby 2 not as much. Baby 3 & 4 I packed 4 diapers and a bottle or two. My kids never like binkies (pacifers) or teething rings. My son carried a blanket w/ him. My daughter would be strapped to a part of me so she was content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Jenni! Wow baby 4! Congrats! I love those trips that I can escape without a diaper bag too! I just have to make sure I stay on par with my little ones schedule and stay on task while out!

    ReplyDelete