Monday, April 26, 2010

Babies and Clothes

My favourite clothes to put my daughter in is either a sleeper or a diaper shirt (also known as a “Onesie”).  Both items of clothing are simple and comfortable for my girl, and easy for me.  Its like hanging out in your Pyjama’s or sweat suit for the day, comfortable to lounge and play in. 

Like most families, I got outfits as gifts and lots of hand-me downs.  I found that my daughter was growing at fast rate, I’ve been referring to her growth rate as a baby’s rate.  She’s within average and as a lot of my friends have pointed out, and now I have witnessed, time flies very fast for babies in regards to how fast they grow. 

At the rate my daughter was growing she’d have grown out of every outfit she got by the time we got around to putting them on.  I wanted to get pictures of all the cute outfits and I knew that my girl wouldn’t allow me to try everything on all at once.  I ended up having to make a point to put on an outfit at least two to 3 times a week (she received lots of hand-me downs).  For me, this worked well I was able to get pictures of her in the outfits before she grew out of them. 

My aunt gave me the idea to try on her clothes at least once a week, because before you know it they’ve grown to the next clothing size.  I’m glad I listened to her a lot of gifts would’ve gone untouched, and also my daughter looked very adorable in each one!

I’ve slowed down in putting on the different outfits to once a week, mainly because she had more outfits at the three month size than at anything older.  What did you do to get the outfits on before your little one grew out them? did you have a strategy? or did most of your little ones outfits get packed away unworn? 

2 comments:

  1. While a couple of my sons outfits have gone unworn or ruined before they could make an appearance, for the most part I have been able to enjoy him in everything he's gotten. I do this by putting him in outfits anytime we leave the house, even if just for a trip to run to the store and back. Then he usually will wear the outfit when we get back until he dirties it or it is deemed impractical for play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely a great way to get the outfits on!

    ReplyDelete